CASTLEROSE is a custom designed 60’ x 13’6” widebeam canal boat built by Burscough Boats launched in April 2016. She has been operating commercially as a “Boat Stay” since launched moored in Castlefield Basin, central Manchester and is listed on Booking.com, AirBnB & Tripadvisor.
With 2 x bedrooms and 2 x bathrooms, she would make an ideal houseboat.
With the separate Vetus generator she has all the equipment required for off grid living.
The boat (and business) is being put up for sale due to a change in personal circumstances :-(
Please ask if you are interested in purchasing the business.
CASTLEROSE - from the rear of the boat - comprises:
• Fully fitted galley kitchen: Corian worktops. Gas Cooker, 1.5 stainless sink, 12v Fridge. Washing Machine, microwave.
• Lounge / dining area. Sofa bed, 2 x armchairs, Fold out dining table for upto six, 36” TV. Squirrel Morso fire, fitted cupboards.
• Hallway running thru to master bedroom
• Bedroom 2 - twin/double bed, fitted cupboards.
• House bathroom, flush loo, luxury shower, fitted cupboard.
• Master bedroom. King size double bed, fitted cupboards.
• En-suite bathroom. flush loo, luxury shower, fitted cupboard.
• Front doors to front bow deck.
Galley kitchen includes Belling gas cooker, Belling 5 gas ring hob,, stainless steel 1.5 sink, corian worktop throughout, integrated units including Amica 12v fridge, Bosch washing machine, NewWorld dishwasher, Candy wine cooler & microwave oven.
• Fit Out in light oak. Tongue & Groove style paneling on sides.
• Barrus SHIRE 90 (John Deere) Diesel engine. PRM gearbox. Twin alternators.
• Vetus M4 12kVA generator set “genset”
• Webasto Thermo Pro 90 diesel powered central heating system serving 9 radiators in matt grey & chrome throughout the boat.
• Vetus hydraulic steering system with steering wheel. Cruiser stern.
• Sterling ProCombi S Inverter Battery Charger. Input from either landline or generator.
• Clorifier with immersion heater linked with Generator power.
• 6 x leisure batteries & 1 x starter battery (All new 2108)
• Squirrel Morso multi-fuel stove in lounge.
• Bathrooms include Vetus flush macerator toilets.
• Pumpout tank.
• Horn. Navigation lights.
• Full service history
• Steel fabrication: 10mm base plate, 8mm sides, 6mm roof.
• Hull has recently been blacked (November 2018), propeller straightened out!
|Tax Status:||Inc. Tax|
|Location:||Castlefield Basin Manchester UK [ Map ]|
|Website:||Open website in new window|
|Vessel type:||Widebeam canal boat|
|Registry:||Bridgewater Canal Company Ltd|
|No. of engines:||2|
|Engine model:||Barrus SHIRE 90 (John Deere) Diesel engine. PRM gearbox. Twin alternators.|
|Drive type:||Stern drive|
|Length over all:||60'|
|Maximum draft:||2' 3"|
|Hull type:||Flat bottomed|
|Displacement:||22 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||160 Litres|
It's a John Deere! Highly respected, high quality engine.
Steel fabrication: 10mm base plate, 8mm sides, 6mm roof.