Fine example of this popular open sailing boat. All in very sound condition. Being sold without motor, on a Snipe road trailer. The hull has its original powder blue gelcoat which is shiny as new. The woodwork is also in very good condition.
Jojotoo has some useful modifications:
• There is a gate in the mast thwart and the seat can be removed, to make it easier to lower and raise the mast.
• The bumpkin (the stick that pokes out of the stern to control the mizzen sail!) can be withdrawn or extended from inside the boat without the need to lean over the stern.
• The jib sheets come to a cleat on the centre plate housing for single handed sailing.
• Roller reefing on the jib.
• There are two rudders: the standard rudder and a custom built one with a retractable blade, for better bite and for shallow waters. The tiller is custom built so it doesn’t keep hitting the motor.
• There is a large puncture proof jockey wheel on the trailer to make it easier to move around.
• The Snipe trailer has a spare wheel. All tyres are good. New hubs and bearings fitted Nov 2019.
The bilge pump was recently completely overhauled and a new membrane fitted. The mast and spars have been recently varnished with Epifanes, there is an overall winter cover and a cockpit cover, both of which are only two seasons old.
Contact me for more photos and a video.
|Location:||Devon UK [ Map ]|
|Length over all:||4.78m|