Victory Over Adversity
Priced for quick sale.
Fantastic opportunity to get a great 50’ narrow boat that requires some attention.
The boat has recently had a qualified, out-of-water visual survey (potential buyer would need to commission own survey if a full report required).
The boat had been valued and recently offered for sale at £33,250. A potential buyer had a survey (they decided against getting a full written survey prepared) carried out and reported a number of areas for attention with an estimated spend of £10,000 to rectify all issues and reported work required includes the following:
• The hull has some internal corrosion issues that require attention
• The engine cooling tank requires attention
• Engine bay requires corrosion removal and treatment/repainting
• Hull requires external corrosion treatment and painting
• Floor ventilation holes required in places as well as creation of inspection facility of hull under living areas
• Engine requires a full service to include tank, pipe and filter cleaning
Victory Over Adversity has a steel hull and steel superstructure. The vessel was constructed by Harborough Boats in 1990. It has benefited from a total refurbishment during 2017/2018. A reconditioned engine was installed in September 2017. Internally, it has a remodelled kitchen area (featuring a brand-new gas cooker) and has been totally re floored.
Victory Over Diversity’s hall was blacked and Anodes replaced in September 2017 and has a Boat Safety Certificate that expires in September 2021. A full survey was carried out in 2016.
The boat is available for inspection by appointment only Hertfordshire
|Location:||by appointment Hertfordshire UK [ Map ]|
|Vessel type:||Narrow Boat|
|Model:||50 Semi Trad|
|Fit Out:||1x fixed double, 2 x double fold out sofa beds|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||50'|
|Hull type:||Flat side, Flat Bottom|
|Fuel capacity:||45 Gallons|
|Water capacity:||120 Gallons|
A re-conditioned BMC 1.5 engine was fitted in 2017