Fire Bug & CWL Bug are fun and easy to sail training boat for youngsters (also an adult up to 160 KGs). Featuring a plastic hull, lots of free board, and a comfortable cockpit.
Excellent hydrodynamics and outstanding upwind performance push the Bug into the future with ultimate off-the-breeze sailing. The unique hull is a combination of performance and style in a stable platform. Overall, it is a sailboat with superior downwind control.
• Extremely competent performance dinghy with windsurfer-like agility and quickness.
• Stable and durable triple-layer polyethylene hull that does not compromise performance.
• Extendable aluminium carry handles slide from transom drain ports (optional upgrade) and an integrated wheel makes the Bug a breeze to move around the boat park, so the boat can be moved like a wheelbarrow - without the need for a trolley!
• Standard bug Sail - 40.90 ft ²/ 3.80 m ²
• This standard Bug rig is ideal for training novice sailors and building the confidence of young racers.
• The training sail can be reefed by furling it around the mast so you can adjust the sail area to fit the sailor and wind velocity.
• bug race Sail - 57.05 ft ²/ 5.30 m ²
• This advanced rig is designed for more seasoned racing sailors who want a competitive boat that will help them keep learning.
• The sail fits onto a unique Power curve topmast section that is pre-bent to create a wing-shaped sailplane for a boat that’s fast and fun to sail.
• Oar locks allow the bug to be rowed!
• An Outboard bracket is available (by separate consideration) to allow the bug to be used as a small motorised tender
• Built in drinking bottle holder
Both bugs not only comes with the standard rig option; 3.8 m² Dacron mainsail, which allows for the perfect boat setup for training and learning, but also comes with the more advanced sail plan with the Bug Race version for bigger and more advanced young sailors.
The Bug Lotus Race Mainsail is a 5.3 m² mainsail made out of laminate Mylar and features a Red Lotus sail graphic is a popular upgrade from the standard Bug Mainsail and comes with the unique Bug Power curve Race Mast converts the Bug into the ideal learn to race boat.
With its innovative dual rig system designed for easy and economical sailing, the Bug accommodates young sailors from championship racers to beginners. Thanks to the Bug’s two position gooseneck, both rigs use the same boom and bottom mast section so changing sails takes only a few minutes.
With the Bug, you get two boats in one, perfect for young sailors transitioning from one rig to the other and for families with lots of keen sailors.
Both bugs had new ropes and main ratchet blocks last year.
• Transport - Car Toppable
• Capacity - 1 to 2 People (160 KGs Max)
• Race Level - Club to International
• Length - 8.66FT/2.64M
• Beam - 4.27FT/1.3M
• Draft - 2.95FT/0.9M
• Hull Weight – 46 KGs
• Sail Area #1 - 40.9FT²/ 3.8M²
• Sail Area #2 – 57.05FT²/ 5.3M²
• Skill Level - Beginner to Advanced
|Length over all:||2.64m|
Indicated location is approximate general area only.